The war for talent, the growth of the gig economy, and the changing attitudes toward work have fundamentally altered the nature of work. Couple that with radical advances in technology and you have a workplace and workforce that must be transformed for the future.
- DEMOGRAPHIC SHIFTS – Changing attitudes across gender, ethnicity, and the five generations are requiring deeper mutual understanding and more responsible behavior in the workplace.
- TALENT MOBILITY – The need for faster, flexible projects in self-organizing teams is providing new challenges and opportunities for linking the right talent to the right work at the right time.
- DIVERSE WORK OPTIONS – The need and desire for alternative work arrangements is leading to the rapid growth in flex-time, compressed work weeks, job sharing, telecommuting and virtual workplaces.
- HYBRID SPACES – Creative office designers are changing how we work by creating diverse workspaces with smart technology that offer options for different styles of working.
- REHUMANIZE WORK – As technology dehumanizes work, organizations must rehumanize the work experience through collaborative spaces, family-friendly practices, and alternative career paths.
To ensure that workplace flexibility adds value, we need people who are authentic, agile and adaptive adults. None of this works without mutual trust and shared responsibility. Organizations provide the flexibility and employees bring maturity and accountability to the table.
“Traditional family structures have changed, and workplace flexibility must be a business imperative.”
—Sharon Allen, Chair of the Board, Deloitte LLP
About the Author:
Bob Rosen, CEO, Healthy Companies and Best-selling author of Grounded, How Leaders Stay Rooted in an Uncertain World and CONSCIOUS, The Power of Awareness in Business and Life.
Healthy Companies helps CEOs, executive teams, and managers build and transform high-performance enterprises through consulting, coaching, and learning solutions. If you would like to learn more about becoming an Organization of the Future, please connect with us!