Rapid advances in technological innovation have fundamentally changed the nature of work. New digital platforms are fostering greater speed, agility, and acceleration, forcing humans and machines to work more collaboratively.
When companies and their customers go through digital transformation, it requires fundamental changes in how products are sold, serviced, and marketed, and it especially requires new capabilities of leadership. What do our organizations require to survive and thrive in a digital world?
- TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP – Today’s executives must now lead in a digital world requiring skills in digital disruption, fresh business modeling, and accelerated transformations.
- DIGITAL BENCH STRENGTH – Digital brainpower is the new core DNA capability across the business. Everyone must be a student of digital business, automated work, and digital collaboration.
- FRESH BUSINESS PLATFORMS – Big data, sensors, and customer analytics are the new cognitive technologies changing how people think and act and altering the way companies do business.
- DESIGN THINKING – The need for innovation is fostering human-led, technology-enabled work. Incubators that foster initiative-taking, experimentation, and fast prototyping are the new norm.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – Assisted and autonomous intelligence and robots are driving the transformation of work in factories and offices around the world.
To achieve real digital transformation, we need people who think differently. They must be creative risk-takers, willing to experiment with new ideas, take the initiative, and engage in paradoxical thinking. They must also be digitally savvy and, innovative as they deploy new technologies to solve real-world problems.
“Our customers are going through an amazing digital transformation, and it starts and ends with their customers. They are fundamentally changing how they sell and how they service and how they market and how they innovate.”
– Marc Benioff, CEO, Salesforce
About the Author:
Bob Rosen, CEO, Healthy Companies and Best-selling author of Grounded, How Leaders Stay Rooted in an Uncertain World and CONSCIOUS, The Power of Awareness in Business and Life.
Healthy Companies helps CEOs, executive teams, and managers build and transform high-performance enterprises through consulting, coaching, and learning solutions. If you would like to learn more about becoming an Organization of the Future, please connect with us!