Hollie Ward, Global Head of Leadership Development and Talent Readiness, Cigna
Grounded® and Conscious at the center of Cigna’s New Leadership Model
Cigna is a global health company dedicated to providing health care services and solutions. With 74,000 employees and 2019 revenues of $153B, their mission is to improve the health, well-being and peace of mind of those they serve.
As with most companies today, Cigna has gone through tremendous change, even before the pandemic began and before their merger with Express Scripts in 2018. After the merger during 2019, their highly engaged and committed workforce was intact, but their leaders knew they needed to rethink their business models and the leadership capabilities required to sustain the company’s success.
Cigna knew they needed:
- leaders who are agile in the face of change – grounded and conscious – to navigate and lead the organization
- to make change agility a core Cigna capability
- to advance a ‘Whole Person Health Strategy’ for its 8000 leaders to achieve better health, greater resiliency and higher productivity.
- remain grounded as individuals in today’s fast paced, chaotic world,
- become more conscious of themselves, their teams and surroundings to accelerate their effectiveness; and
- develop the skills to become more agile, confident change leaders.
- Healthy Companies has collaborated with the Cigna team to provide more than a “programmatic” experience. Cigna’s vision is an ecosystem approach that offers leaders the opportunities to engage with Grounded ® and Conscious content, experiences, and practical application.